Dock to Stock Precision CNC Machining Services for the Aerospace Industry
Over the years, we’ve proven to our customers that we’re a reliable job shop capable of consistently manufacturing high-quality parts.
Because Peerless Precision has a reputation for being so dependable, our customers usually stick with us long-term. In fact, we’ve been working with some of our aerospace customers for over 20 years—and during that time, our commitment to quality has continuously exceeded their expectations.
Our ability to maintain strong relationships and our commitment to machining top-notch parts has helped us qualify as a dock to stock supplier for prime contractors to the Department of Defense as well as for major aerospace manufacturers. Achieving this highly regarded status allows us to create even more efficiencies for our customers.
What Is a Dock to Stock Supplier?
When a shop proves that they’re capable of machining a part repeatedly and reliably for a customer, they have the opportunity to become a dock to stock supplier of that part.
Having already undergone comprehensive quality assurance, parts from a designated supplier bypass the customer’s inspection process entirely. Customers receive the part on their loading dock and it goes directly into their stock—hence the term dock to stock. This streamlined process saves customers significant time and prevents them from having to hold excess inventory while awaiting inspection.
Becoming an approved dock to stock supplier is challenging and takes years to accomplish. Shops must maintain strong relationships with customers and consistently meet the goal of zero escapes. Certifications are given on a part by part basis, meaning a supplier must demonstrate the quality and consistency of their work for every unique part they make.
Peerless Precision Is a Top Dock to Stock Supplier
We’re incredibly proud to be a dock to stock aerospace machine shop. Here’s what makes us so great at what we do:
- Ability to hold tight tolerances. When it comes to aerospace machining, accuracy is everything. If tolerances are off by even a millionth of an inch, an engine could seize up or a fuel system could malfunction. Our high-accuracy CNC machines and talented machinists are capable of holding tolerances within +/- 0.000005” on critical aerospace parts such as valve and piston sleeve sets for fuel injection systems.
- Experience with a wide range of materials. In addition to machining standard materials like aluminum and steel, we’re experts at machining titanium. This common material used in aerospace machining is notoriously challenging to work with due to its inherent hardness and low thermal conductivity. We have the right capabilities, equipment, and personnel to excel at the toughest titanium jobs.
- Commitment to quality. We never compromise on quality at Peerless Precision. From comprehensive research and development to thorough First Article Inspections (FAIs), our processes always put quality first. When we make a new set of parts for the first time, we perform 100% inspection on each individual part, regardless of the order quantity, and provide extremely detailed reports. As a dock to stock aerospace supplier, we further guarantee quality with our AS9100 machine shop certification.
- Unrelenting tenacity. Earning dock to stock approval takes incredible persistence and dedication. We can’t afford any missteps with dock to stock parts, and the processes are rife with approvals and paperwork. But the lasting relationships we build with customers are well worth the effort. We’re always willing to go the extra mile for them.
- Focus on improvement. We’re always looking for new ways to streamline our processes and refine our operations. Our team members participate in lean manufacturing training to help our shop eliminate waste, cut costs, and inspire innovation. We’re also increasing our cybersecurity knowledge by pursuing Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC), Level 3 for the Department of Defense.
Peerless Precision is committed to providing our customers with the highest quality parts. Could you benefit from our expertise? Let’s build a new relationship! Request a quote today to get started.