Metal finishing, the process of altering the surface of a workpiece to attain specific characteristics, is done to enhance surface properties such as aesthetics, adhesiveness, electrical conductivity, wear resistance, corrosion resistance, and frictional resistance.
Typically performed after the metal part of component has been fully fabricated, the process can also be used to remove burrs or other manufacturing processing flaws.
Peerless Precision Inc. has been providing finishing services for numerous industries in a wide range of applications for over 40 years. Our reputation as a leading fabricator of metal parts and components has earned us several high-profile clients both locally and internationally.
Our Finishing Capabilities
At Peerless Precision Inc., our state-of-the-art equipment and experienced technical staff can apply a multitude of finishes on a wide variety of metal or alloy surfaces. The type of surface finishing required depends on the intended application of the metal part.
Our range of internal and external finishing capabilities include:
- Heat Treatment – Annealing, stress relieving
- Chemical and Electrochemical Conversion – Anodizing
- Deburring – Tumbling, vibratory
- Grinding – Centerless grinding, cylindrical grinding, surface grinding
- Coating – Paint, powder coating
- Chemical and Electrochemical Conversion – Surface passivation
- Plating – Black oxide, cadmium, chromate, copper, electroless nickel, nickel chrome
- Shot Peening
- Laser Marking/Engraving
Our in-house engineers and other technical staff manually inspect each component to ensure compliance with industry-specific standards and regulations including:
- AS9100 – Quality Management Systems: Aviation, Space & Defense Organizations
- ASTM – American Society for Testing and Materials
- ISO – International Organization for Standardization
- Mil-Spec – United States Military Specifications and Standards
We understand that each industry has its own unique surface finish requirements. Our team works closely with clients to create the appropriate finish for the given application. Some of the industries we regularly work with include but are not limited to:
- Aerospace & military/defense
- Machinery and hydraulics
- Medical devices
We take pride in the quality of our work and strive to exceed our customer’s expectations. Our ISO 9001:2015 and AS 9100 Rev. D certified quality management systems are a testament to our commitment to process and product quality.
Our lean manufacturing processes allow us to handle production runs ranging from low volume prototypes to high volume blanket orders without compromising quality. Lean processes also help to minimize waste and reduce manufacturing costs, allowing us to pass on the cost savings to our customers.
Partnering with Peerless Precision
Peerless Precision Inc. offers a wide array of finishing services to meet the specifications of any industry.
To learn more about our finishing services or other production capabilities, contact a member of our team.